The license plate is defined in ISO/IEC 15459-1. It is a unique identifier for transport units and has a certain structure. This unique number, regardless of use, shall be specified and assigned by the label issuer and applied to a transport unit and may provide access to traceability data regardless of content and destination. This number shall be valid for the lifetime of the unit it is applied to.
EDIFICE has been accepted by the Nederlands Normalisatie Instituut (NEN) to act as Issuing Agency for License Plates and has been assigned code LE.
Since 2016, the maintenance of the ISO/IEC 15459 standard is with AIM Global. Find here the List of Issuing Agency Codes.
How to obtain your Company Identification Number (CIN):
- Submit this CIN request form and obtain your number within 24 Hours.
- Free of Charge for EDIFICE members
- Non-Members pay a ONE-TIME administrative fee of €350.
- Assigned CINs are operational from the moment they are published
- Find all the EDIFICE assigned CINs here
STRUCTURE of the LICENSE PLATE:
123456789012345: Unique code allocated to the transport unit by the company identified by the preceding CIN code.
xyz: Unique Company Identification Number (CIN), assigned by EDIFICE to the requesting company
LE: Unique Issuing Agency Code (IAC) assigned by the Registration Authority to EDIFICE