ISO 15459 / License Plate
The license plate is defined in ISO/IEC 15459-1. It is a unique identifier for transport units. This unique number, regardless of use, shall be specified and assigned by the label issuer and applied to a transport unit and may provide access to traceability data regardless of content and destination. This number shall be valid for the lifetime of the unit it is applied to.
EDIFICE is since 1997 accredited Issuing Agency for Unique Company Identification Codes (CIN) according to ISO/IEC 15459-2. The Issuing Agency Code (IAC) of EDIFICE is ‘LE’. Find here the full List of Issuing Agency Codes
Since 2016, the maintenance of the ISO/IEC 15459 standard is with AIM Global.
How to obtain your Company Identification Number (CIN) from EDIFICE?
- Members may submit this CIN request form to obtain their CIN
- Free of Charge for EDIFICE members
- Non-members are asked to get in touch with the secretariat.
- Assigned CINs are operational from the moment they are published in the EDIFICE Registry
- Find all the EDIFICE assigned CINs here
STRUCTURE of the LICENSE PLATE: EDIFICE License Plate Guideline 6.0
LE: Unique Issuing Agency Code (IAC) assigned by the Registration Authority to EDIFICE
XYZ: Unique Company Identification Number (CIN), assigned by EDIFICE to the requesting company
123456789012345: Unique code allocated to the transport unit by the company (i.e. Unique Item Identifier Issuer) identified by the preceding CIN code
- The structure and length of this Unique Item Identifier is free to be decided by the user.
- Limitation: only numeric and alphabetic upper case characters are allowed. Punctuation marks are not allowed.
- A revoked or cancelled CIN shall not be re-allocated within a period of 5 years.