The European Commission has mandated CEN (European Committee for Standardisation) to draft a European standard for the semantic data model of the core elements of an electronic invoice.
CEN Technical Committee 434 on Electronic Invoicing will develop the deliverables.
EDIFICE was accepted as Liaison partner in this CEN Project Committee and participates in the different Work Streams that are listed below.
The different Work Streams handle:
- Draft EN (European Norm) based on Technical specifications of CEN BII and CEN MUG
- EU Projects input and evaluation of requirements list
- List of syntaxes
- Syntax bindings
- Guidelines at transmission level
- Extension methodology
- Test methodology and test results
- A European standard (EN) on the semantic data model for the core elements of an electronic invoice
- A Technical Specification (TS) on a limited number of invoice syntaxes (formats) which fully comply with the EN
- A Technical Specification (TS) on the syntax bindings, i.e. information specifying how the semantic data model could be represented in the listed syntaxes (formats) and their automatic validation artefacts
- A Technical Report (TR) covering the guidelines on interoperability of electronic invoices at the transmission level, taking into account the need of ensuring the authenticity of the origin and the integrity of the electronic invoices’ content
- A Technical Report (TR) covering the guidelines on the use of sector or country extensions (as described in the Recommendation of the European Multi-stakeholder Forum on e-Invoicing – EMSFEI) in conjunction with the European standard, including a methodology to be applied in the real environment
- A Technical Report (TR) covering the result of the test of the European standard with respect to its practical application for an end user
- 2014-09 Kick-off meeting CEN/PC 434, start of drafting stage EN
- 2015-01 Discussion on progress of drafting stage EN
- 2015-05 End of drafting stage EN
- 2015-09 Start of committee stage Technical Specifications and Technical Reports
- 2016-02 Comment resolution EN, Technical Specifications and Technical Reports
- 2016-04 Consideration of results 2nd test
- 2016-10 Result of approval stage EN, Technical Specifications and Technical Reports